Sports Premium Grant
Sports Premium Grant
Physical Education (PE) and sports premium funding
Woolmore Primary School was allocated £18,880 through the Government’s Primary PE and Sport Premium for the 2017/18 academic year.
We have had success in increasing the profile of PE at Woolmore Primary School over the past few academic years but want to continue to build on this strong base this year and beyond. Our Sports funding only covers part of what we spend on PE as a whole.
All pupils leaving Woolmore Primary School will be physically literate with the understanding, knowledge and skills as well as the motivation and control necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Allocation of time
All pupils from Year 1- Year 6 have a minimum of 2 hours of PE per week. In most cases of these sessions are taught by our BADU sports coach whom works full time at Woolmore. Within these sessions pupils are taught a range of skills and techniques from the following sports; gymnastics, athletics, dance, team sports, individual sports.
The other PE session for Year 4, 5 & 6 is a weekly swimming session taught by specialist swimming teachers at Poplar Baths. We also have one additional swimming session a week dedicated to children with EHC plans and those with specialist support plans.
How we spend our money for sport
- Employ our Badu PE coaches to work alongside our teachers and support staff when teaching PE in order to strengthen teaching and learning in this subject across the school and to raise the profile of PE, sport and healthy lifestyles.
- Employ our Badu PE coaches to work collaboratively with midday meals supervisors to ensure additional high-quality teaching of sport at lunches and playtimes occurs, this includes targeted coaching provision for year groups.
- Provide additional PE coaching time outside of school hours as part of our extensive after-school clubs programme.
- Provide additional PE coaching time for children who have been selected to go to interschool tournaments.
- Buy into a Service Level Agreement with Tower Hamlets Youth Sport Foundation so that the children at Woolmore can participate in inter-school tournaments.
- Purchase high quality equipment that will support high quality learning in PE and sport at Woolmore, including recently a new PE mat trolley and on-going updating of our playground sports equipment.
- Increased swimming sessions beginning last academic year (2016-2017) and continuing this year with three year groups now swimming on a weekly basis.
- Annual membership to 5adaytv.com
Indicators of improvement to include in the 2017-2018 academic year:
- Achievement of School Games Mark (Bronze/Silver award)
- To increase number of children reaching 25m swimming target at the end of Year 6
- Development of Sports Leaders program
- More Intra school tournaments
- Maintain a high level of inter-school tournaments
- Children running the daily mile – an introduction to this programme for our children
- Children able to reflect and discuss their learning in PE lessons and their improvement of P.E. and sports skills over time