Sports Premium Grant
Physical Education (PE)and sports premium funding
Woolmore Primary School was allocated £9,200 through the Government’s Primary PE and Sport Premium for the 2016/17 academic year.
We have had a successful focus on increasing the profile of PE at Woolmore Primary School over the last academic year and plan to continue to build on this strong base this year and beyond. Our Sports funding only covers part of what we spend on PE as a whole.
All pupils leaving Woolmore Primary School will be physically literate with the understanding, knowledge and skills as well as the motivation and control necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Allocation of time
All pupils from Year 1- Year 6 have a minimum of 2 hours of PE per week. In most cases of these sessions are taught by our BADU sports coach whom works full time at Woolmore. The other PE session for Year 5 & 6 (and year 2, 3 & 4 for one term/ year) is taught by specialist swimming teachers at the new Poplar Baths. Within these sessions pupils are taught a range of skills and techniques from the following sports; gymnastics, athletics, dance, team sports, individual sports.
How we spend our money for sport
- Employ our Badu PE coaches to work alongside our teachers and support staff when teaching PE in order to strengthen teaching and learning in this subject across the school and to raise the profile of PE, sport and healthy lifestyles.
- Employ our Badu PE coaches to work collaboratively with midday meals supervisors to ensure additional high-quality teaching of sport at lunches and playtimes occurs.
- Provide additional PE coaching time outside of school hours at after school clubs.
- Provide additional PE coaching time for children who have been selected to go to interschool tournaments.
- Pay for the additional staffing that will allow more children at Woolmore to be involved in inter-school tournaments.
- Purchase high quality equipment that will support high quality learning in PE and sport at Woolmore.
- Add increased swimming sessions to begin in Year 2
- Annual membership to 5adaytv.com
Indicators of improvement to include in the 2016-2017 academic year:
- Achievement of School Games Mark (Bronze/Silver award)
- To increase number of children reaching 25m swimming target at the end of Year 6
- Parental engagement with our mission to get fit!
- Development of Sports Leaders program
- More Inter and Intra school tournaments
Leader for PE and sport: Jen Harris, AHT November 2016